1000 × 678 1000 × 738


Things to do in your Long Subaru: Willard House and Clock Museum

 The Willard House, constructed in the early 1700's, is one of the oldest buildings in Grafton, Massachusetts.. Located amongst rolling hills and the beautiful farmlands of Central Massachusetts, the house was built on land then known as the Indian settlement of Hassanamisco. The house serves as a Clock Museum, as well as a historical monument preserved and well-kept through generations for visitors to enjoy a piece of history. Learn more about the research and contributions of the Willard Family clockmakers.

The Willard Family had a passion for clock making and eventually passed the trade down to their eldest grandsons: Benjamin, Simon, Ephraim and Aaron Willard, who would become America's best 19th century clockmakers. Their first clocks were made in 1766 in their small Grafton workshop. Eventually, when the Willard Family had passed on, the house went up for sale and was purchased by Dr. Roger and Imogene Robinson in 1968. The couple opened the home to the public in 1971 and features the world’s largest collection of Willard clocks.

The collection is displayed throughout the 1718 Joseph Willard homestead and includes more than 90 Willard clocks; Willard family portraits and furnishings; Colonial, Federal and Empire period furniture; antique rugs; 19th century women's costumes; 18th century American and English pewter; Victorian dolls and doll furniture; military and hunting weapons; Nipmuc Indian artifacts; and original documents signed by Thomas Jefferson and James Madison.

The museum is open to the public from April 1 - December 31, Wednesday-Saturday: 10:00am - 4:00pm, and Sunday: 1:00pm - 4:00pm. Adults are $10, Seniors 60+ are $9, and Children 6-12 are $6.

For more information, history, and tour information please visit https://willardhouse.org